cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bar code rules

avi_z
Level 3
Hi

I am runing veritas 10 on windows 2003 standard. I am also using an overland loader express LTO with a bar code reader. I am using LTO 2 200g/400g tapes.

My problem lies in the fact that I want to enable bar code rules on my overland. The job fails when I run an inventory (i know I dont need to run one when I have a bar code reader :)) and just hangs (message says getting media.)
In the job log i get an incompatable media error message

This is the error I get on the inventory
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/258269.htm.
the media is in my database and I also erased them to be sure.

Could anyone please point me on the right track to getting my labeling to work

thanks
a
5 REPLIES 5

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Please refer to the below mentioned technote to enable the bar code rules:

How to enable a bar code label rule and configure it for the tape device
http://support.veritas.com/docs/259444

Hope this helps you.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

avi_z_3
Level 3
Hi

thanks for writing back.
Unfortunatly the document didnt help.
The tapes I have LTO2 arent listed and their is no option to create one for LTO2.
Anything else I can do?

thanks
a

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please note that you can not perform an inventory if the bar code rule is enabled.In that case you will have to do initialize and scanning.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

avi_z_3
Level 3
Ok....

So thats why inventory fails when the bar code rule is enabled.
However when i run a job --with the bar code rule enabled -- i get an error saying unknown media.

Would you by chance know why?

thanks
a

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
If you have followed the technote given by Ajit and eabled bar code rules properly in Backup Exec and then this error occurs. You need to check with the device manufacturer whether the device supports bar code rules or no!
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.