cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

be2010 - restore single mail from backup exch2007 to exch2010

ekrpin
Level 3

hi, i have necessity to restore single mail from a backup of exch2007 to new mailbox on exch2010 for user migrating from exch2007 to exch2010, but the mailbox name is different ( old on exch2007 :  VIP Storage Group    new on exch2010 : 2.5 GB - DB1  on exch2010)

thank you

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

This won't be possible, and not from Symantec's side of things. There are differences in the databases between Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2010 that prevent this.

You'd have to duplicate to disk first, and then look at a 3rd party application (like Kernel For Exchange) that pulls that information out of the *.edb, and into a *.pst.

Read the article below on how to duplicate to disk:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-exchange-or-individual-mailboxesitems-using-backup-exec-howto

Thanks!

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

You'd have to duplicate to disk first, and then look at a 3rd party application (like Kernel For Exchange) that pulls that information out of the *.edb, and into a *.pst.

or ExMerge wink

CraigV

...not sure if Exmerge is even in Exchange 2007...

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

As said above, this is not possible.

You may want to look into BE2012, first availability is available for download.
This version makes it possible to restore to PST. But not sure if you can restore a backup made with BE2010 restore with BE2012.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/ideas/email-restore-pst

CraigV

..I've restored backups made in 12.5 with 2010 R3...no reason why you can't restore 2010's data using 2012. The software is made to be backwards-compatible...

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I know it is possible to restore data from a previous version, but what I am not sure about is if it is possible to use the export to PST function from an older backup.