cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

beremote.exe crashes at service start

KAG_IT
Level 2

Hello @all,

i have a problem here with the beremote.exe service from Backup Exec 2012. Every time service is started, it crashed immediately.

In the Windows Eventlog there is showing following message:

------------------------------------

Event-ID 1000

Fehlerhafte Anwendung beremote.exe, Version 14.0.1798.0, Zeitstempel 0x4f1e02d7, fehlerhaftes Modul kernel32.dll, Version 6.0.6002.18449, Zeitstempel 0x4da47b2f, Ausnahmecode 0xe06d7363, Fehleroffset 0x00000000000170cd, Prozess-ID 0x1a6c, Anwendungsstartzeit 01cd5cf677e50d08.

------------------------------------

After searching a while i found an issue with Windows update KB2688338. I deinstalled that patch an restart the server, but my problem exist furthermore...

Can anyone help me, please?

Greets

Marco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

KAG_IT
Level 2

The crash of the beremote.exe happens only a few times at one day. After the last Hotfix from Symantec the beremote.exe runs properly... So i can not reproduce the crash...

The problem has been solved for me...

Greetings

Marco

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Marco,

If this is the only service that fails to start, check your antivirus if you're running 1 on that server and make sure that the service in question isn't blocked. I've had McAfee AV block BE services, and putting in an exception stopped that from happening.

Thanks!

KAG_IT
Level 2

Hi CraigV,

there is no antivirus running on that system.

Greets

Marco

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...have you removed the RAWS agent and then push-installed it from the media server?

KAG_IT
Level 2

The crash of the beremote.exe happens only a few times at one day. After the last Hotfix from Symantec the beremote.exe runs properly... So i can not reproduce the crash...

The problem has been solved for me...

Greetings

Marco