cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I delete log_beserver.txt ?

bellissimopytho
Level 5

Hi, I have a log_beserver.txt that size is about 3GB, can I delete it or move and compress to an other server ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Siddhant_Saini
Level 6
Accredited Certified

You might have enabled debugging in the past. Please refer to the following article and use the Third Solution to disable it via registry: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH64282

Once that is done, you can delete it(or it should be deleted).

Edit: Adding the steps: 

On the Backup Exec server go to the registry editor and perform the following changes. 

Warning: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried-out by persons experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry and workstation be made prior to making any registry changes.

1. Stop the Backup Exec Services.
2. Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Debug\BEMSDKLog. 
3. Change the value from 1 to 0.
4. Start the Backup Exec Services.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Siddhant_Saini
Level 6
Accredited Certified

You might have enabled debugging in the past. Please refer to the following article and use the Third Solution to disable it via registry: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH64282

Once that is done, you can delete it(or it should be deleted).

Edit: Adding the steps: 

On the Backup Exec server go to the registry editor and perform the following changes. 

Warning: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried-out by persons experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry and workstation be made prior to making any registry changes.

1. Stop the Backup Exec Services.
2. Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Debug\BEMSDKLog. 
3. Change the value from 1 to 0.
4. Start the Backup Exec Services.