cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can restore an indvidual doc, but not a site

MichaelY
Level 3

Using a BackupExec 12.5.  I can do full server and farm backups without error. I can also restore an individual SharePoint document without a problem.

However, when I go to restore more than that... a site for example, the job fails with an "Ensure the login account has the proper credentials error". I tried again but made sure I verified the credentials in the restore job before submitting it and it the test gave a thumbs up. But the restore fails despite a good credentials test.

I've done a live update of the BackupExec server as of Dec 8th. I've updated the Remote Agent on both the SharePoint server and the SQL server containing its data after said LiveUpdate. I booted both servers just to be sure that they are both as fresh as they can be. Did another full backup and tested again. Same results. Restores and individual doc, but anything bigger fails with the "credentials" error. 

The account I am using is a domain admin.  It is also in the local Administrator AND BackupOperator groups on both servers.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MichaelY
Level 3

Never mind, I was able to get past this. 

I had to have the SharePoint Administrator put my domain admin / restore account into the SharePoint system as a secondary site administrator.  Thought that had been done ahead of time, but it wasn't.  Seems to work now that it has been done.

Message Edited by MichaelY on 12-10-2008 05:01 PM

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

MichaelY
Level 3

Never mind, I was able to get past this. 

I had to have the SharePoint Administrator put my domain admin / restore account into the SharePoint system as a secondary site administrator.  Thought that had been done ahead of time, but it wasn't.  Seems to work now that it has been done.

Message Edited by MichaelY on 12-10-2008 05:01 PM