cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot create IDR image to external media device

Joseph_Candullo
Level 3
Hey Everyone,
I inherited a Windows 2000 Advanced Server Edition with Backup Exec 9.1 rev4651. This server does not have a CD burner in it. There are no USB interfaces on the box to allow an external media source to point the IDR .iso image to. I created the IDR image to the default \programs files\veritas\data\nt\idr. Do I copy only the .iso image file or the other files are included in this default directory. I would like to place this on another media location to burn a CD.TIA.
Joe
3 REPLIES 3

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Please refer the Admin Guide
VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.1 for Windows Servers Administrator's Guide (English)

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/266190.htm

Page number > 897

-we would also like to know whether you have floppy drive to the same server?

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Joseph_Candullo
Level 3
Thank you for your reply, Yes this server does include a floppy drive. Will this help me complete the IDR process? Thank you

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Is it an External USB floppy drive? If yes, then during the loading process from the CD, try pressing F6 and load the necessary drivers for the USB. It is not possible for the disaster Recovery to take place without the USB device being recognized.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.