cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

completed with exeptions

Smithc
Level 3
 I'm using backup exec 9.0 and I'm getting a completed with exceptions when my job finishs.  These are the exceptions.  Does anyone know if I could exclude these exchange file and still be able to do a full restore if I ever needed to?  I'm using exchange 2003 on sever 2003.

-Unable to open the item E:\Program   Files\Exchsrvr\srsdata\edb.log - skipped.

-Unable to open the item E:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\srsdata\srs.edb - skipped.

-Unable to open the item E:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\srsdata\temp.edb - skipped

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lyon
Level 5
 Yes these are infact exchange database files.

If you exclude them from your selections list I would imagine that your backups would start completing sucessfully.

How ever unless you are doing a backup of exchange with a different job then obviously you wont be able to restore exchange in the event of a disaster.

To do a restorable backup of exchange you MUST use the exchange agent (and the remote agent if the server is a remote server). If you dont use the agent on a live database you will not be able to restore it

Lyon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

lyon
Level 5
 Yes these are infact exchange database files.

If you exclude them from your selections list I would imagine that your backups would start completing sucessfully.

How ever unless you are doing a backup of exchange with a different job then obviously you wont be able to restore exchange in the event of a disaster.

To do a restorable backup of exchange you MUST use the exchange agent (and the remote agent if the server is a remote server). If you dont use the agent on a live database you will not be able to restore it

Lyon

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

this may be helpful:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/259152

How to disable the Active File Exclusion feature in Backup Exec for Windows Server

In our case we will ENABLE "Active File Exclusion" by changing the value for the key
Exclude Active Files to 1