cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copying catalogs and database back into their respective directories 11d

buddy_2
Level 3

I attempted an upgrade from backup exec 11d to 12.5 and got the schema mismatch error. After numerous trys at resolution, I decided to revert back to 11d and revisit later. I reoladed the 11d version and still see the schema mismatch error in the event viewer and the Beserver service won't start (starting).

Prior to the upgrade, I copied the entire Backup Exec directory that resided in C:\program files\symantec\backup exec, so I have the Catalogs and Data directories. I am considering using BEutility but have the following questions:

1. Can I just copy these directories (Catalogs and Data) straight back their respective C:\program files\symantec directory to resolve the schema mismatch?

2. Do I need to use the Beutility?

3. I came across a fix that may require running a couple of .SQL scripts. Are these run at the command prompt or??  

Thanks for your assistance in getting my backups back workign and ready to be updated to 12.5. Thoughts?

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1

Optimus_Prime
Level 5
Partner

1. Can I just copy these directories (Catalogs and Data) straight back their respective C:\program files\symantec directory to resolve the schema mismatch?

I don't think so. Below will help you on your query on how will you copy/migrate Data and catalogs to a fresh installation of Backup Exec using Bemig.

2. Do I need to use the Beutility?

I just use Bemig.

3. I came across a fix that may require running a couple of .SQL scripts. Are these run at the command prompt or??  

I did not use sql script.

Reference:
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/287063.htm