cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

desperately seeking Backup Exec 8.5 for download

Mike_van_Oostve
Level 2
We have lost our CD from Backup Exec v8.5, does anybody have or know where we could get a downloadable version
Because we tried to restore a v8.5 Tape on the new v11d but we encounter problems with the Cataloging of the tape, it does not perform a catalog so we ar e unable to restore

If we could install v8.5 again we would be able to restore

Anybody that could be of help, we are willing to pay
5 REPLIES 5

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
Check out this thread posted by Ken Putman before Christmas, it's for v8.6 rather than 8.5 but it should do the job for you.

http://forums.symantec.com/discussions/thread.jspa?messageID=4466457✙

Mike_van_Oostve
Level 2
Hi Keith

Thanks a lot, I am downloading all files as we speak, any idea why all files have the same name ?

Any idea how that is going to work, since I had to rename them with .001 /.002 etc

Thanks

Mike

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Only problem is that v8.6 requires a different key/serial

The introduction of B2D meant that they could charge for the upgrade rather than release it as a maint upgrade4

if all you want is to restore this one time, it'll work in demo more, but won't work as a permanent solution

the files have the same name, but different extentions. The file size I can put there is limited to 5MB. Download all the segment files and chop and then combine into the installation EXE file

Sorry I don't still have a v8.5 install :-(Message was edited by:
Ken Putnam

Mike_van_Oostve
Level 2
Hi Ken

The serial should no tbe a problem, the only problem we have after the download is to make it work with chop, all files have the same name and when we try to append it will come back with the error that the extension needs 3 digits, which it has, any inside on how to get the downloaded files to work ?

Thanks

Mike

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Hmm

The files should be named *.exe000, exe001, etc

Try downloading them again, and verify that the extention is being added properly