cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error a0008488 HEX

Michelle_Wright
Level 2
We are running Veritas Back Exe on a Dell 2650 with Windows 2003.

All of a sudden I have been getting this error on my nightly back ups:
Final error code: a0008488 HEX
Final error description: Access is denied.

Final error category: Security Errors

This only happens on the disk 2 folder from drive pool. I have looked the error up and they all refer to exchange. I am not running exchange and it is only witht the users folders and never the same ones. I have check the folders to see if any permissions have changed and the haven't. I have looked in the logs of the server that this is happening on and nothing. I do need to mention that the server with the users folders is NT4.

One other thing. If I run an inventory on the disk before the back up, I do not get this error.

Please Help.
3 REPLIES 3

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello,

Is the backup to disk folder located on a remote machine? Have you created removable backup to disk folders? Please ensure that the System and the Backup Exec Service Account have full control on the drive on which the backup to disk folder is created.

Ensure that the backup to disk folder is online and not deactivated.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Michelle_Wright
Level 2
The drives are on a local machine, they have full administrator rights, and the drives are on line.

They will run fine as long as I run an inventory every day. It is very strange, they just started doing this about 2 weeks ago

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Try creating new B2D and check the results?

Also check for any Alert generated in BE ?

Make sure this opetion is selected --> From BE > Tools > Options > Preferences > Inventory all drives before BE Services startup..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are not at the latest build of Backup Exec 9.1 for Windows Servers
revision 4691, we would suggest you download and install it using the
following technotes:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/264658.htm

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/262414.htm

# BEWS 9.1 is a free downloadable upgrade inclusive of previously installed
agents and options from Backup Exec 9.0 for Windows Servers agents and
options.

# Update all agents/options on all remote systems.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.