cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error backup files

Gregorio
Level 3
Hello,
I've got installed backup exec 11d in a DC. I've got a job that backup the system state, the shadow copies components and three local folders. The job started to fail when backup the three folders. Show this error:

"Directory or File was not found, or could not be accessed"

Before, the job finish ok and started to fail two months ago. The last week I deleted the folders in the job and added it again and the job finished ok, but this weekend I updated the server and it started to fail again.
I deleted and added the folders to the job again but the job continuous failing. Could you help me please?

5 REPLIES 5

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Gregorio,

When you say that you updated the server, what did you update?
Could it be the permissions?  Have you ensured that they are correct?
Can you set the folder as a share and back it up that way?
If so then it would indicate a permissions issues.

Patty

Gregorio
Level 3
Thank you Patty

I updated Windows server using Windows Update and I've got the correct permissions because if I make another precise backup without scheclude it finish ok.

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Gregorio,

If you edit the job and look at the selection list by "View Selection Details" you will see the physical path to the directories. 

Are the correct?  You can delete them from here and then add them again through the "View By Resource" 
Then verify the path is correct in the Details.

Patty

Gregorio
Level 3

The phisical path is correct. I deleted and selected the resources again and the job failed. The first time that the job failed  I do it and the job finished correct, but after update the Windows, the jobs started to fail again. Before reboot the server, the error was different.  The job failed in the system State and Shadow copies components, but after reboot the job started to fail in this folders.

U__U

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Gregorio,

I would recommend opening a support case.   With out seeing the debug logs, I can not guess what the problem is.

Patty