cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.exe hashes - Software Restrictions Policy

Gary_Busby
Level 2
I'm looking into using MS Software Restrictions Policy to block the .exe of BE versions that aren't at least 9.1.4691 SP4 due to published exploits. However, I need an exe to get this info and the Veritas/Symantec site no longer carries older SP levels or older versions (I only want 8.6 up to 9.1 SP3).
Is there a way I can get the hashes of all previous versions of BE (beremote.exe/beserver.exe) to accomplish my goal?
5 REPLIES 5

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Can you please elaborate your question ?
What exactly you mean to say about "Software Restrictions Policy" ?

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Gary_Busby
Level 2
I'm referring to this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324036

Specifically, I want to create a 'Hash' rule to block the running of older versions of BE by grabbing the hash from the beserver.exe and beremote.exe. However, I don't have the older version .exe's to grab a hash as Veritas/Symantec web site no longer provides older versions.
My question is if there is a way to get those .exe's to protect us from exploits that affect several versions of BE.

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
We apologise for the Inconvinience cuased to you due to the late reply. Could you please Update us with the actual status of the Problem.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Gary_Busby
Level 2
I still have no manner to get older BE .exe versions to block vulnerable versions. Are they available or not?

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
All these updates are not available on the support site now so you may contact sales for it: http://www.veritas.com/contactus/ContactUsHome.jhtml
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.