cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help adding taped to hp 1/8 G2 autoloader

tgpm
Level 3

Is there a simple set of steps to explain how to add, remove, modify the tapes?  Everytime I add tapes or change tapes I'm not really sure what I'm doing.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Adding tapes
1. You'd add tapes when they're new and wanted to have new scratch tapes. Best bet is to use bar-codes with this, as it makes inventorying and identification easier.
2. If you're running a rotation with your tapes, your tapes will be changed accordingly. I'd suggest keeping your tapes separate somewhere safe. This means you won't get them mixed up.
3. You'd also add tapes into a rotation if tapes were faulty/you needed more.

Changing tapes
1. Faulty tapes - as above.
2. To bring in the new week's tapes - ie. swop out Week 1's tapes with Week 2's tapes.
3. For restore purposes - you needed a specific tape.

Like Ben L. said, more information would be needed. This all assumes you're working well with the HP Autoloader 1/8 G2. If not, you can pick up some technical docs here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&lang=en&cc=us&prodSeriesId=3319912&prodTypeId=12169

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Can you give us more information on what you are trying to do or accomplish?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Adding tapes
1. You'd add tapes when they're new and wanted to have new scratch tapes. Best bet is to use bar-codes with this, as it makes inventorying and identification easier.
2. If you're running a rotation with your tapes, your tapes will be changed accordingly. I'd suggest keeping your tapes separate somewhere safe. This means you won't get them mixed up.
3. You'd also add tapes into a rotation if tapes were faulty/you needed more.

Changing tapes
1. Faulty tapes - as above.
2. To bring in the new week's tapes - ie. swop out Week 1's tapes with Week 2's tapes.
3. For restore purposes - you needed a specific tape.

Like Ben L. said, more information would be needed. This all assumes you're working well with the HP Autoloader 1/8 G2. If not, you can pick up some technical docs here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&lang=en&cc=us&prodSeriesId=3319912&prodTypeId=12169