cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hp one button disaster recovery+backup exec10d

gary_mac
Level 3
hi im using 10d and a hp dat 72 usb drive,and i am wondering how to set up obdr,which the drive supports and which hp champion.where is the option in backup exec??
how do i then restore from it,is it as simple as hp insist?i have already contacted hp on this and they said my third party software manufacturer (veritas)can provide the answer,so thats why i am asking here.has anyone used this feature in the past?
any help on this would be greatly appreciated
rgds
2 REPLIES 2

gary_mac
Level 3
ITS BECOMING INCREASINGLY APPARENT THAT NOBODY KNOWS HOW TO SET UP ONE BUTTON DISASTER RECOVERY WIHT HP DAT72 DRIVES!!
HP HAVE RECOMMENDED CONTACTING VERITAS AND IVE GOT KNOW REPLIES HERE SO??

RGDS

cONFUSED

Shraddha_Dhaval
Level 6
Hello gary,

We apologize for the delay in reply.

As a preliminary step please verify that the backup device has been mentioned in VERITAS Hardware Compatibility List (HCL) from the link mentioned below:

http://support.veritas.com/dsl/lists/device_ddProduct_BEWNT_media_all_prod1_NT9.htm

If the device is mentioned in HCL and supports One-Button Disaster Recovery (OBDR) then it will work with Backup Exec OBDR.

Please check with HP site whether HP Surestore DAT 40x6 support OBDR.

Thanks.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ?assumed answered? and would be moved to ?answered questions? pool.