cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import backup exec media from 11d into backup exec 2010

spitfireman
Not applicable

I have a windows 2003 server that ran backup exec 11d. This server ran nightly bacups on the server. The server has since crashed and we have rebulit it. We would like to move up to backup exec 2010. How do we add all of the old 11d external backup drives to the new 2010 program. I'm kinda lost on this one.

I also tried to re-install 11d on the newly rebuilt server but i couldn't figure out how to add the 11d media so I could do a proper restore.

Thanks

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

You'd install BE 2010 R3 and run LiveUpdate a couple of times. This will install SP1 and a couple of other hotfixes. Once done, push-install to any remote servers you might have.

Once done, add the external drives 1 by 1 and create the corresponding B2D folders within BE. Point them to the drives and then run a catalog job on them. This will repopulate your BEDB with the necessary data.

You'll need new license keys, so don't forget to get hold of Symantec's licensing department to get them.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

You'd install BE 2010 R3 and run LiveUpdate a couple of times. This will install SP1 and a couple of other hotfixes. Once done, push-install to any remote servers you might have.

Once done, add the external drives 1 by 1 and create the corresponding B2D folders within BE. Point them to the drives and then run a catalog job on them. This will repopulate your BEDB with the necessary data.

You'll need new license keys, so don't forget to get hold of Symantec's licensing department to get them.

Thanks!