cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incompatible storage media detected in robotic library

dcfly
Not applicable
I'm having a tough time with Backup Exec10d and a Exabyte VXA-3 autoloader (10 slots).

Backups had been running fine until I changed the tapes. Suddenly, any operation that I attempt results in the following error:

Final error: 0xe000821e - Library error - incompatible storage media detected in robotic library.
Final error category: Backup Media Errors
Completed status: Failed

The first time I saw the error, I emptied all slots and examined the tapes. They are, without a shadow of a doubt, the correct media for the device.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

PS: Bar codes are disabled and always have been.

Message Edited by dcfly on 12-05-2007 01:19 PM
2 REPLIES 2

Daycheck
Not applicable
I am having the same problem with my vxa-3. same settings as stated above except using Backup 11dh

Only thing i have changed is created a daily incramental job..
The VXA is only a few months old, along with the tape drive.

Lber
Level 3
I had this problem on Xmas eve, after a fortnightly tape change. I did manage to fix the issue 2 weeks before, by removing tapes and replacing them, and then getting vxa lib tool to move the tapes in and out of the drive.

After it happened on 24/12/07, i spoke to Tandberg in Germany, who asked me  a few questions and then arranged a replacement library to be sent out to me. When the new drive appeared, i loaded the same tapes in and got the same problem. So i uninstalled backup exec and then reinstalled it. Things worked fine afterwards.