cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jobs stuck in queue, not cancelling...

jobs_not_execut
Level 2

hello,

I have backup exec 12 Rev 1364 SP2 with latest patches. It worked fine for some time but now I'm looking for a backup software that works. I have backup to disk and copy that job after that to the tape.

Problems: jobs stuck in queue and not executing, if you click to cancel goes in state "waiting to cancel" and never cancels the job. I can't also restart service p.e backup job engine, so I have to restart the server to kill the job.

Continiuous server works now only if you stop the "backup exec continuous protection indexing service" as found in some forum.

Any ideas how to resolve this or suggest some working backup solution.

thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

Steve_W_
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Have you checked the alerts tab when the job runs?  Are there any alerts asking for Media or asking to overwrite media?

jobs_not_execut
Level 2

see no errors

have 2 jobs

1. secure exchange information store to disk and make copy of last backup to usb too.

2. secure some other data after first job is done,and also make copy of that on same usb disk.

Second one goes in queue and stays there for hours doing nothing status:"in queue".
There is no way to stop the job and start it again. I must restart the server.
To be more funny sometimes finish the job without any problems.

Is it possible with such random software to make serious backups?

jobs_not_execut
Level 2

1.Somebody have idea why jobs are not executing?

2.How to stop the queued job without starting the server? Stop service is also not working.

3.Any other working backup software?

thanks