cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just migrated - backups came over fine. If I add servers to new group - what happens to existing jobs?

TedH256
Level 3

So I had a policy called "tape clients" that had templates for daily incrementals, weekly full and monthly full, all going to specific tape media sets. All of the selection lists that were protected by this policy, are now independant jobs.

If I enable groups and create a new groups (perhaps called "tape clients" ....) and then add these servers -- what will happen to the already created jobs? Will the "group" see that each of these servers already have defined jobs that are the same, so the "group" will now assume the "policies" that were implicit with the job definitions?

Or - will I have to "start over" defining all new jobs for the servers that I bring into the group?

1 REPLY 1

Mandar_Sahasrab
Level 4
Employee

Hi,

Adding a server to a group doesn't delete the previously defined jobs for the server. The 'group' sees these jobs and lists the same on the consolidated job view for that group.

In fact, one server can exist in multiple groups and all the jobs for the server will be listed in all those groups.

The functionality of 'groups' doesn't map to the previous functionality of 'policies', but is just a way to organize information. Please refer to following technote for more information,

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH189098

Regards,
Mandar