cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

like to change email address for alert

Jody_Reed
Level 3

Running Backup Exec System Recovery SBS 2010 on windows server 2003. I have stepped into a preconfigured setup.

I am getting logs/alerts from 2 different emails that have been setup, and I can only track where one is originating from. I would like to change the "send to" email address for the other.

The first was easy to locate in program under: tasks->option->smtp email.

This is for success/failure notifications.

The other email comes with subject line "Backup Exec Alert: Media Error (server: '....') "

Not to worried about the error, but just can't find were to change the email for this.

Look familiar to anyone? Any input is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Go to Tools --->  Alert Categories and look for the appropriate alert.  You might have to check all the alerts pertaining to media.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

As you have mentioned Backup Exec System Recovery (where latest version is now called Symantec System Recovery) you have posted in the wrong forum.

Whilst someone might be able to answer you here, you should probably post in

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-recovery/forums/symantec-system-recovery-formerly...

Jody_Reed
Level 3

Thank you pkh for the answer, I'm sure it would have worked if I had the version of BE this forum subscribes to. Alas, there is no such item under Tools for my version. I have copied this post over to correct forum. Thank you Colin for noticing that.