cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no jobs in jobsetup jobs

Not applicable
Hi all, I got a problem with missing jobs in job setup and job monitor, the backup jobs run alright but no way to edit them. I have tried a solution found here (switch to 31 days calendar view and back) but this didn't help me, any suggestions?

Best regards

Lennart Johansson
5 REPLIES 5

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

I would like to know, since when this problem started ?
Did you upgraded the version of Backup Exec and after that this problem started ?
Are there any errors or alerts etc ??

Kindly update.

Regards,

NOTE: If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Dave_Horsey
Not applicable
I am having the same problem with our Backup Exec 9.1 Server. The problem started about 2 weeks ago. I have tried upgrading to Service Pack 2 and tried a repair installation. No luck. I have not received any errors or alerts.

The weird part is that the right scroll bar is still visable and allows me to scroll down the jobs list(even though no jobs are visable). The invisible jobs is only happening with one logon account to backup exec.

Any suggestions?

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
In ProgramFiles\Vertias\BackupExec\Nt there is a utility called BeUtility.exe. Launch that and then add your server as needed. In the left pane, select the options to Rebuild Indices and Repair Database.

Run this program at your own risk of course. Tech support normally guides peopel through this utility, it's not for the casual user. =)

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello Lennart,

It seems the jobs have disappeared from the job setup and job monitor windows. Does the problem persists still?

Have you tried to repair install Backup Exec? If not, you can try that from the following technote:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/253199

If you have already done that, you can also try reloading from the base and start with a fresh database. However in that case, you will have to recreate all the jobs. Refer to the following technote for the same:

Title:How to create a new SQL database in Backup Exec 9.x and 10.0 when the original database is corrupt and cannot be repaired
http://support.veritas.com/docs/254014

Hope this helps. In either case, do intimate us. If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to the ‘answered threads’ pool.

Regards.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.