cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem adding a license key for "remote agent for linux" for my BE 11d for SBS

Udi
Not applicable
Hi,

i recently purchased a license for "remote agent for linux" for my "Backup Exec 11d for Small business server 2003"

when i try to enter the license key, i get the following error:

"The option for which you entered a license key cannot be installed on a small business server."

i contacted the customer care and they told me that the license key is valid for version 12 and is also compatible with version 11d for small business server as well.

what do i do?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Roland__NL_
Level 2
Same problem here! Anyone can help? Tried the combination with Exec 12d and there it works fine. But because I have an RD1000 tape unit I have to switch back to 11d, otherwise I cannot eject the tape Smiley Sad

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Roland -

Also, this fellow has written a VB script that stops the RDXMon service

So you should be able to go back to v12 by either reverting the Firmware or by utilizing the VB Script

Message Edited by Ken Putnam on 06-10-2008 11:39 AM

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Udi -

Sounds like you need to contact Support again, since the serial you have is obviously not compatible.

Message Edited by Ken Putnam on 06-10-2008 11:38 AM

Roland__NL_
Level 2
Hi Ken,

Thanks for the tip, but I already tried that. It doesn't work on my machine. I personally think the problem lies with Symantec with 12d and keeping an open line to the backup media. So I'll be using the easy way and revert to 11d. I opened a call yesterday for a new key for the linux agent..

Regards,
Roland.