cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Insufficient disk space" error when trying to run a restore job.

peter_zelonis
Level 4
I am attempting to restore about 10 emails from a users mail database. The job fails with the error "Insufficient disk space". Specified in the restore job is c:\temp as the location for temporary storage. I have over 3GB free space on the C: drive. Do I need more space. Can I move the temp to a remote PC (because I cannot create any more space on the existing server)?
3 REPLIES 3

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
The staging area (tools/options from memory) has to be big enough to hold you entire information store. It puts the information store there first, gets what you need and restores it, then removes the temp files.

peter_zelonis
Level 4
Unfortunately, my media server doesn't seem to have enough spare storage. I tried moving the staging area to a remote location but was told it needed to be local. If I do a B2D will that resolve this issue. Meaning, by doing B2D does this elevate the need for such a large staging area? Will BE use the B2D location as the staging area thus eleviating my need for a large amount of local free space?

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
I dont think disk backup will fix it, you need local space, it may be worth putting another hdd in just to use as a staging area.