cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

registry inquiry string

Todd_Earnhardt
Level 2
I've been chasing a recurring problem with my tape drive and am now looking at a possible problem with the Windows registry VSDLoadTable entries for my device. The primary inquiry for the device in the BUExec adamm.log file is "SEAGATE DAT 06241-XX8240". However there is no corresponding inquiry string in the SCSIChanger key VSDLoadTable. I can see my device fine and it is operational although I have to use OEM drivers to get any throughput (e.g., >130Mb/min) and the device ids prone to going offline (requiring a reboot to get going again). This problem developed after installing BUExec 10.0 AND upgrading the firmware on the tape drive. I think the firmware upgrade may be playing a role in this. Also, there is an Inquiry string DIP switch on the drive that would change the output to "ARCHIVE Python". Any ideas?
1 REPLY 1

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please can you paste the adamm log so that we understand the issue better.

Also if the device is going offline please do the following steps:
please delete the device and re-create it with the following steps:
1.Open Backup Exec click on the devices tab Right-click the device that you are using, and click Properties
2.Click the Configuration tab, clear the Enable for Backup Exec checkbox, and click OK. The device will be disabled now.
3. Right-click the device, and click Delete
4. Now Power off the device and shut down the server
5. Next power on the device wait for it to initialize and then reboot the server and recycle the Backup Exec services again.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.