cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restore selections not showing recent backup jobs

Michael_Wozniak
Level 3
Partner
I recently installed 10.1 SP1, loaded a blank database, and rebuilt the configuration of the server from scratch.

I have performed several backup jobs and have had no problems.

When I go to the Restore Selections, only 3 tapes are showing up, and none of recent backup jobs that created new tapes.

I followed http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/272886.htm to force BE to re-index the on-disk catalogs. I have the "Use storage media-based catalogs" option checked.

I don't understand why the catalog is not being filled by my recent backup jobs.

Am I doing something wrong?
3 REPLIES 3

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Try to catalog the tapes again. Does the catalog job succeed without errors? Follow the steps below:

- Go to the catalog folder in Program files\Veritas\backup exec\nt and rename it to catalog.old
- then restart all the BE services

Check if the catalog operation works. Revert if the issue persists.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.

Michael_Wozniak
Level 3
Partner
Part of what I am confused about is I started with a fresh Backup Exec database and a fresh Catalogs directory. Backup Exec has overwritten some tapes that were imported. When I go to Restore, the Media List is showing a familiy name "Diff Server Backup created on 4/28/2006", which is our old naming convention. We are now using the Family Name format of "Routine Media created on %D %T."

Shouldn't this have been used when it overwrote the tape?

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Kindly perform the invetory and cataog for the tape.

Kindly refer the following Document:

How and why to perform an Inventory and Catalog

http://support.veritas.com/docs/269948

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.