cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting up exchange server agent

James_Martinez
Not applicable
Hello,
I have Veritas Backup Exec 9.1 set up and running for our automated backups for desktops & laptops. What is required to also activate the exchange server backup portion? Do I have to buy another license for this? Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

James
2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Yes, the Exchange Module is a purchased option. and Veritas no longer sells v9. You can probably pick one up on one of the Auction Sites, to

if you manage to find one, install the serial on the Media server, and the RemoteAgent on the Exchange server (if they are not the same box)

The Media server also needs Outlook installed if you want to do Mailbox Backups, but I've never seen the need for them, myself.

The Admin guide is pretty clear in what rights are needed within Exchange for the BackupExec Service account, as well as step by step instructions for installation and setup.

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

To backup an Exchange Server, you need to purchase a Exchange Agent license. For all the questions related to the licenses and agents, please contact Veritas Sales team. They will give correct information regarding it. The link is mentioned as below:

http://www.veritas.com/contactus/ContactUsHome.jhtml

Please select the nearest/local Sales office to contact.

As an information, Backup Exec v10.0 licenses are not compatible with Backup Exec v9.x and vice-versa.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.