Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sqladhlp90.exe file not present

ltjimster
Level 6

Hello,

I'm getting this message Backup - \\servername\System?State 

VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\program files (x86)\microsoft sql server\90\shared\sqladhlp90.exe is n...

How do i get this file back assuming i need it to backup my servers System States.

Thanks

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ltjimster
Level 6

I've sorted it.

AMOLZEROCOOL mentioned about removing traces of the application in the registry, so i went into the registry and searched for the msftesql.exe file and everytime i had an entry that had the old path, c:\program files (x86)\microsoft sql server\mssql.1\mssql\binn\msftesql.exe, i just edited the value to the path which is now,

c:\program files (x86)\microsoft sql server\MSSQL10.MSSQLBKUPEXEC\mssql\binn\msftesql.exe 

And has sorted it, another solve for me :)

Thanks

James

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

The .exe file does not exist at the above location but the traces are still there in the registry.

Two ways to fix the issue 1) create a txt file with the name as sqladhlp90.exe at the above

location  2) Remove the traces of the application to which the exe file belongs to

ltjimster
Level 6

Okey dokey i'll give that a try thanks very much

I'll keep ya posted :)

James

ltjimster
Level 6

Hello,

I have 2 severs running Backup Exec 12.5, it worked on one server but not the other i think it was because i reinstalled on the one in question and it has a different path;

From this

c:\program files (x86)\microsoft sql server\mssql.1\mssql\binn\msftesql.exe

To this

c:\program files (x86)\microsoft sql server\MSSQL10.MSSQLBKUPEXEC\mssql\binn\msftesql.exe

It was the SQL that needed reinstalling, i tried just renaming the folder but it stops the Service that runs and connect Backup Exec.

Any Suggestions??

James

ltjimster
Level 6

Anyone???

James

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

James: Is this the same error/discussion, or a new one? If a new one, I'll move it to a new thread, and you can update the guys that posted here with the original error and whether or not you came right...

ltjimster
Level 6

Yeh its new one that would be great thanks Craig as always, you man yes

James

ltjimster
Level 6

I've sorted it.

AMOLZEROCOOL mentioned about removing traces of the application in the registry, so i went into the registry and searched for the msftesql.exe file and everytime i had an entry that had the old path, c:\program files (x86)\microsoft sql server\mssql.1\mssql\binn\msftesql.exe, i just edited the value to the path which is now,

And has sorted it, another solve for me :)

Thanks

James

CraigV

Hi James,

If Amol helped you get your issue solved, the solution should actually go to him. He would have been the one to prompt you in the right direction.

If so, please reassign to him.

Thanks!

ltjimster
Level 6

okey dokey fair enough :( haha

Thanks

James

CraigV

...you don't get the points for marking any of your posts as the solution, even if you worked it out yourself. =)

ltjimster
Level 6

That what i thinking because even tho cool pointed me in the right direction of registry he didnt mention renaming anything he only mentioned deleting things but no worries i see your point thanks Craig laughlaugh

Thanks

James

CraigV

OK, moved back to you then...

ltjimster
Level 6

its ok i'll leave no problem :) :)

James