11-01-2007 02:27 AM
11-01-2007 02:51 AM
I post the summary from Dell right away, so you get the full picture:
(And we have replaced the tape and IDE cables one time)
The customers situation with his ‘Dell IDE Travan 40’ is this.
When customer is trying to do a backup in Backup Exec 11d, no matter the size or if it’s a scheduled or new manual created job, it works with one backup successfully. If one then tries to do a additional backup or operation, example a inventory the TBU drops offline. The message we get in System Event log or the Alert logs in Backup Exec: "\Device\Ide\IdePort0, did not respond within the timeout period", then we get an additional error message, screenshots provided. Customer also explains that when the TBU drops offline the Device itself disappears in Device manager. To get the TBU and Device back, one just search for new Hardware using the OS wizard and also restarts BE's services. The TBU appears again and also can be run but with the same amount of tries until it drops offline again.
What has been done to try fix the problem:
1. We have tried to reinstall the TBU using tapeinst.exe, choosing the BE drivers only. = No success.
2. We have tried to use NT Backup, doing backups. = Success
3. We have tried to uninstall BE 11d, reboot the system, reinstall the application again and then reinstall the TBU using symantec drivers only. = No success.
4. We have also tried to uninstall the TBU and having the OS and BE11d refind and install the TBU. = No success.
5. We have run diagnostics outside the operating system, using Dell´s 32 Bit diagnostic with several operations in a row. = Success
6. We have tried to jumper the TBU and CDROM on which the both devices share the same IDE channel in different ways. Also tried to have the TBU only on the IDE channel. = No success.
7. Customer has also tried service packs for the 11d. = No success.
11-05-2007 09:24 AM
11-06-2007 12:44 AM
11-06-2007 06:40 AM
11-06-2007 08:32 AM
11-06-2007 08:44 AM
11-07-2007 03:06 AM
11-08-2007 02:52 AM
11-14-2007 02:44 AM