cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to see files across

sabnac
Level 3

Hello,
At first sorry for my explanation, my english is not very good.
I explain you my problem. I need to save and restore data between two 2003 server across the web. they are behind a router/firewall.
On the router server I open these ports: 10000, 6101, 6103, and the range 65200-65300. I open the same ports on the other router/firewall.
( for the firewall all tcp/udp are allowed from the distant computer). I want to add the computer on the server, to do that i proceed :
Create new save--->add new windows system-->I enter the distant computer IP address and the correct username, and a succesfully text box appear. ( I can see on my distant computer(where the agent is installed) my computer is in contact wih him.)
But the distant computer is not in the windows system:
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/7605/42498555.png
This is the version 12.x
can you help me?
Thanks! ;)

13 REPLIES 13

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi there,

What happens when you add that server's IP address in manually under: Selections de l'utilisier? Use the IP address, as you've already verified you can see the credentials correctly. From there, select what you want backed up. You can select what you want from the other servers that are already shown under Systemes Windows.
Let me know how it goes...

Laters!

sabnac
Level 3
i had already try it aid i have the same result:(
thks for your help ;)
other idear?

sabnac
Level 3
 My problem has change. By add my backup exec serveur ip address on the remote agent, now in my repote agent i have the information sent by the server when i had it on windows system and the ip which i had manualy. My remote agent appear on the backup exec server selection but i can't view the distant file, the programm always ask me my userna and password. it's a ports which allow us to show the distant files?if the answer is yes, what's the number of this ports?
thanks for all!

CraigV

sabnac
Level 3
Thanks, i have ever use this manual, included in the software, to choose  what ports i will open. It's why i opened the port : 10000, 6101, 6103, and the range 65200-65300 on the remote agent  and server firewall. And i view my distant computer but i cant view this files.

CraigV
OK...so 1 problem down, 1 to go.
If you can view the remote server, does it run through a firewall on that side? Are the necessary ports open there?
Failing that, have you check to make sure the Remote Agent for Windows Servers service is started on that server in question, and publishing to the media server?

sabnac
Level 3
yes there is a firewall on the remote agent side. I open the same port as server side (10000, 6101, 6103, and the range 65200-65300) but maybe there is a specific port on this side to permitt us to view files where the remote agent is installed?The remote agent service is started .when you said " publishing to the medie server" you means if i had my ip addresse here: http://img189.imageshack.us/i/remoteagent.jpg/
remote agent routeur configuration: http://img193.imageshack.us/i/sanstitreuks.jpg/

CraigV
Hi,

1. Take out all unnecessary entries in that list of servers the RAWS agent publishes too. Only 1 is needed which would be your media server.
2. Ports on that firewall look good.
3. Have you checked to see if the local firewall isn't also active? 

Laters!

sabnac
Level 3
I followed your instruction,
1.Internet IP address is the only addresss which I let in the remote agent.
2. OK
3. local firewall is active but it is configure to allow connection for the server.
this configuration:

http://img189.imageshack.us/i/wtlv.jpg/
http://img46.imageshack.us/i/natf.png/
update:
I tried to disable firewal on the server and remote agent side and the result is the same. I went with my server to try connection in local network  and it work successfull.
I don't understand why that not work accross the web.I'm lost.
Maybe i have to add my user in a special group?specific services have to be start to allow sharing data or  remote connection?

CraigV
Hi there,

What happens when you try to ping the IP address you have in your RAWS agent? Can you nslookup to it, and does it resolve to the IP of the media server?
Have you looked at adding in the IP address of the media server itself?
The only groups that a service account should be in would be the Local Admins group on each server; if it is a part of the Domain Admins group, it should be there by default, but have seen it being added explicitly before.

Laters!

sabnac
Level 3
when i did ns lookup on the remote agent server ( it's a remote agent test ) i had this result:
default server: unknow

on th server side

default server: unknow

CraigV
Might be DNS, so check that out and make sure you have no issues there...it should resolve to each site's local DNS server.

CraigV
Hi sabnac,

Any news here? Have you checked DNS?