cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

veritas will not uninstall

computerhelp
Level 2
I have had so many problems with the program that I have tried to uninstall it in order to reinstall it. But whether I use the veritas uninstall feature or the windows change/remove feature, uninstallation always fails saying it was interrupted. Please help!!!!
9 REPLIES 9

Zerene_Sangma
Level 6
We will have to check the logs to find out the cause of failure during uninstallation, which is not possible through the forum.

Additionally, manual removal of the software will require attention of a VERITAS representative.

Hence, I would suggest you to contact telephone support to resolve the issue.

You may try running a repair of the Backup Exec installation and then try removing the software.

Level 2
I have exact same situation!

Rohit_Sonawale
Level 6
Certified
Due to the complexity of your issue, resolution will require the personal attention of a VERITAS representative. As manual uninstallation needs changes in Registry keys.

Please contact us through your local support number.

You can see a list of support numbers at our support web site:

http://support.veritas.com/prodlist_path_phone.htm

Please note that you may be charged for this service.

For the latest details on pricing, please visit

http://support.veritas.com/srv_portfolio/srvc_pricing_matrix.htm

computerhelp
Level 2
This is not good. Selling a program that cannot be uninstalled is irresponsible. I am working with a small non-profit that invested in a server and bacu-up solution for the first time and then do not have the funds to pay for what should be a simple solution. I will be looking for another backup solution with fewer problems and ease of uninstall /resinstall.

BillZBubb
Level 4
I also find it amazing that a company would demand payment in order to allow us to successfully uninstall their product.

Veritas should be ashamed of themselves for charging their user base to fix their defective product.

researcher1
Level 2
I share your suffering. It took me a week to have the Veritas and MS SQL Server products uninstalled. I am now having trouble reinstalling, but if you'd like to follow suit, here are some of the things I did.

Removed HLM_Software registry entries for Veritas and MS SQL Server.

Downloaded MDAC_TYP.exe from Microsoft's support site to check and reinstall MDAC 2.8 RTM.

Downloaded Microsoft Installer Cleanup Utility msicuu2.exe in order to completely remove the products that 'Add and Remove Programs' could not.

Tom

BillZBubb
Level 4
Thanks Tom,

I might try that.

Bill

Test_Ticule
Not applicable
I am having the same problem, I do not understand why it is impossible to uninstall in a safely understanding way!

it is the second time i'm having problem uninstalling this software ... unless add/remove program workx, Veritas should post an uninstaller.

Roddy_Matheson
Level 2
I have the same problem but I'm reluctant to do anything that might affect SQL Server as I have several crucial databases running on it.

I've actually started another thread based on this one but it is more of a complaint that the only way I can get my uninstall problem sorted is by phoning. I'm deaf and therefore I can't use the phone so it seems I'm not entitled to any support - paid for or not.

But I do agree that Veritas should be resolving this issue with their broken software rather than charging people for it.