Did you mean: 

A question about resource dependency

csguest
Level 2

Hello all,

I'd appreciate your help with the following newbie question -

• I've upgraded my application server software
  • The new app server binaries are stored on /opt/app_new
  • before the upgrade it was /opt/app - which now 100% unused and can be removed
  • The old mount point /opt/app is still mounted on the active server but deleted from the passive node (dir does not exist)
  • The cluster is still configured with mount resources for BOTH file systems
  • The application resources (startup scripts) are still configured to depend on BOTH the mount resources
  • The startup scripts are stored are stored in /usr and not in any of the above mentioned file systems

In this scenario, will my cluster failover to the passive node and start the app server successfully? 

A different way to ask the same question - if a child resource failed to start, will VCS stop there or will it try and start a parent resource?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

A parent resource will not start if the child resource fails - therefore you should remove dependency for application on old /opt/app and make  /opt/app non-critical (or remove resource).

Mike

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

A parent resource will not start if the child resource fails - therefore you should remove dependency for application on old /opt/app and make  /opt/app non-critical (or remove resource).

Mike