cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exam query

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited
I have study guide of Symantec VCS. I also have a Veritas Cluster Server 5 for Windows Technical Assessment (STS) document provided by symantec WEB which shows the sections with their objectives which cover the exam (the Exam Objective Document is attached for help). would anyone please let me know each objective covered by which chapter in Study guide

Thanks
Zahid Haseeb

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EJameson
Level 3
Employee Accredited
Hello Zahid,

The Exam is based off the Study Guide and Objectives PDFs that I've linked below. If you open the Study Guide, each section's Objectives and Topics can be found in the following books:

Veritas Cluster Server for Windows Fundamentals
Veritas Cluster Server for Windows, Implementing local cluster
Veritas Storage Foundation 5.0 for Windows Administrator's Guide

(I've received these books from our training dept. here, so unfortunately, I would not know off hand how to access them other than that, except for the Admin Guide, which we have available for public download).

While the Study Guide lists the objectives in a step by step fashion, in reality, the material that covers each objective is spread out over all three of these books, which will take some time to track down.

Here are the links:

Exam Objectives
ftp://iosupport:iS*pp8rT1@ftp.entsupport.symantec.com/pub/support/outgoing/Exam_Objectives.pdf

Study Guide
ftp://iosupport:iS*pp8rT1@ftp.entsupport.symantec.com/pub/support/outgoing/study_guide.pdf

I've also uploaded a small Zip file with a collection of notes in an outline format for the first two sections. This may provide you with some assistance in your studies, as well as mapping out the information structure between the books and the Study Guide.

ftp://iosupport:iS*pp8rT1@ftp.entsupport.symantec.com/pub/support/outgoing/Exam_Section_Notes.zip

Hopefully this helps :)

Thanks,
Jay Jameson
Symantec Corp.
Enterprise Support
Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee
Hi Zahid,

It's been awhile since I took the 5.x exam.  I don't have any notes on how the exam objectives map out to the study guide.  I do know that the exam is based on our manuals and our customer training courses. 

Sorry, I can not be much more help on this.  Maybe some of my other team members that have taken the exam more recently will chime in.

Good luck on your exam.

Thanks,
Wally

EJameson
Level 3
Employee Accredited
Hello Zahid,

The Exam is based off the Study Guide and Objectives PDFs that I've linked below. If you open the Study Guide, each section's Objectives and Topics can be found in the following books:

Veritas Cluster Server for Windows Fundamentals
Veritas Cluster Server for Windows, Implementing local cluster
Veritas Storage Foundation 5.0 for Windows Administrator's Guide

(I've received these books from our training dept. here, so unfortunately, I would not know off hand how to access them other than that, except for the Admin Guide, which we have available for public download).

While the Study Guide lists the objectives in a step by step fashion, in reality, the material that covers each objective is spread out over all three of these books, which will take some time to track down.

Here are the links:

Exam Objectives
ftp://iosupport:iS*pp8rT1@ftp.entsupport.symantec.com/pub/support/outgoing/Exam_Objectives.pdf

Study Guide
ftp://iosupport:iS*pp8rT1@ftp.entsupport.symantec.com/pub/support/outgoing/study_guide.pdf

I've also uploaded a small Zip file with a collection of notes in an outline format for the first two sections. This may provide you with some assistance in your studies, as well as mapping out the information structure between the books and the Study Guide.

ftp://iosupport:iS*pp8rT1@ftp.entsupport.symantec.com/pub/support/outgoing/Exam_Section_Notes.zip

Hopefully this helps :)

Thanks,
Jay Jameson
Symantec Corp.
Enterprise Support
Technical Support Engineer