cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAD to VCS One 5.x Migration Questions

bpscarbrough
Not applicable

I am trying to configure environment variables so I will not have to enter my user name and domaintype.  I have set the VCSONE_USERNAME and VCSONE_DOMAINTYPE variables in my .profile, but I still cannot bypass the halogin attributes:

cixs203 /nfs/home/bs6989-->oslevel -s
6100-02-06-0943
cixs203 /nfs/home/bs6989-->cixs203 /nfs/home/bs6989-->env|grep VCS
VCSONE_DOMAINTYPE=pam
VCSONE_USERNAME=bs6989@vcsonepm_cluster

cixs203 /nfs/home/bs6989-->halogin
VCS One WARNING V-97-1-10977 Ignored domain name 'vcsonepm_cluster' as it is not required for 'pam' type.
Usage:
        halogin [-passwd <pword>] -user <user@domain> -domaintype <domaintype>
        halogin -endsession <PM IP>
        halogin -endallsessions
        halogin -version
        halogin -help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mobilegleed
Level 3
Employee
Hi,

Unfortunately the 'halogin' command does not support using environment variables.  All the other ha* commands however do take advantage of environment variables. 

Note that when using environment variables for each login session the first time you run an ha* command you will need to provide a valid password, all subsquent  ha* commands for that login session will run w/out prmpting for the password.

Use of environment variables is intended for interactive CLI sessions.  If you want to run ha* commands from within shell scripts or from the CLI without prompting for a password you will need to establish a long term credential for the user and cache that credential in the users .vadprofile using the halogin command.

Regards,
-Kyle

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

mobilegleed
Level 3
Employee
Hi,

Unfortunately the 'halogin' command does not support using environment variables.  All the other ha* commands however do take advantage of environment variables. 

Note that when using environment variables for each login session the first time you run an ha* command you will need to provide a valid password, all subsquent  ha* commands for that login session will run w/out prmpting for the password.

Use of environment variables is intended for interactive CLI sessions.  If you want to run ha* commands from within shell scripts or from the CLI without prompting for a password you will need to establish a long term credential for the user and cache that credential in the users .vadprofile using the halogin command.

Regards,
-Kyle