cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing an interface for mnicB

Scott_Undercofl
Level 2
We have a 4 to 1 cluster that was set up with both main interfaces on the on-board NIC's rather than one on ce0 and one on the qfe board on sun.

How do I change the interface without shutting down the whole cluster and editing the config? I do not have access to the web manager for this cluster, so I need the hares/haattr commands to fix it. Thanks in advance!
3 REPLIES 3

Gene_Henriksen
Level 6
Accredited Certified
Since the MNICB is most likely in use, I would use the offline method of configuration. That would not involve shutting down the apps, simply stopping vcs everywhere (hastop -all -force), make the changes and bring it back up starting with the system where you made the changes.

However you make the changes, be certain the active port used by MNICB is not the one you plan to remove and replace otherwise you could unintentionally cause a fault.

You will also need to make sure you have an IP address on the new port prior to configuring it in the MNICB resource.

I would do the following:
make sure the mnicb port in use is the one I plan to keep in the cluster, if not move it
haconf -makerw
hagrp -freeze -persistent
haconf -dump -makero
hastop -all -force
{{{{ here you edit the main.cf and check it with hacf -verify, bring up the admin IP on
the new port }}}}
hastart
{{{ verify the new config is up}}}}
rlogin to other systems and do hastart
{{{{watch the MNICB resource to be sure it is ok
{{{ if you got it right, then:
haconf -makerw
hagrp -unfreeze -persistent
haconf -makerw

Scott_Undercofl
Level 2
The suggestion of freeze/halt/edit worked (In the lab, anyway...) perfectly. Thanks!

Gene_Henriksen
Level 6
Accredited Certified
The reward for a perfect answer is to award points for a correct answer.

Glad it worked for you.