Level 0
Our current environment is this

Four 2 node clusters
Fujitsu Primepower 450s
Solaris 9 Generic_118558-19
Oracle 10GR2
Storage Foundation for Oracle Real Application Cluster 4.1 MP1
using DMP for multipathing on all disks
private interconnects are 2 100/Full ports connected via cross over cables between the two nodes in the cluster
storage is all on Hitachi arrays (models varies between clusters - 9960, 9980, and USP)

Plan is to upgrade interconnects from 100/Full to a Gigabit.

What steps will I need to follow for changing the interconnects, because they will have new names.

NOTE: I also plan on moving to a private vlan for the interconnects down the road, at which point I know I'll need to assign a SAP to each interface in the llttab.

Thanks
1 REPLY 1

Volker_Deleted
Level 3
You can change interconnect configuration on the fly. For instance, if you were to add two links using ce0 and ce1, and your current links are hme0 and hme1, it would work like this:

First node:
lltconfig -t ce0 -d /dev/ce:0 # Add ce0
lltconfig -t ce1 -d /dev/ce:1 # Add ce1

Second node:
lltconfig -t ce0 -d /dev/ce:0 # Add ce0
lltconfig -t ce1 -d /dev/ce:1 # Add ce1
lltconfig -u hme0 # Unconfigure hme0
lltconfig -u hme1 # Unconfigure hme1

First node:
lltconfig -u hme0 # Unconfigure hme0
lltconfig -u hme1 # Unconfigure hme1

Then, update your /etc/llttabs accordingly so that you won't fall back to the old configuration after a reboot.
You can also add SAPs this way, but I don't know the -flag for that. man lltconfig.

CAVEAT 1: I'm sitting at the airport with no access to a man page. The above is from memory, but I have done similar things several times.
CAVEAT 2: I vaguely remember not being able to roll over to ALL NEW interfaces on the fly. Adding IFs worked, removing worked also, but I think I couldn't remove the LAST of the IFs from llttab. You'll have to try if it works in your configuration. Mine was 4.0.