cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore data from an old DLOBackup server.

xuanhoaidao
Level 2

Dear All,

I'm facing a problem with my DLO Backup. Before I had a DLO Server, and had the data backed up. the NUDF is located on my File Server which is backed up incrementally. After a long time, I deleted her NUDF because my user moved to another site. And during that time, I have build up a new DLO Administrator server.

Now my user want to recover data to the time that his computer pointed to old server. Can anybody tell me the procedure to do that?

Any help is appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

xuanhoaidao
Level 2

Can anybody help? This is a dire situation...

Thanks a lot!

Santhosh_Bhanda
Level 5
Employee

Hi,

1. Mention the version of DLO you are using.
2. What procedure followed to move user from one site to another.
3. Is DLO database files are also backed up periodically?

Thanks,
Santosh

xuanhoaidao
Level 2

Dear Santosh,

1. I'm using DLO 7.0

2. I just moved her account to another OU in the same domain.

3. Her data is backed up on old DLO Admin server, her NUDF is located on my file server. after she's moved, we deleted her NUDF but it was backed up by Symantec Netbackup. in that time, we had built up a new DLO server. In order to restore his DLO data on the old server, we restore her NUDF by Netbackup successfully. But we cannot restore her data from her NUDF by the new DLO Admin server.

Is it enough infor for you? Is it possible to restore data in this case?

Thanks!

Hoai Dao

Santhosh_Bhanda
Level 5
Employee

Hi,

Steps to be followed:

1. Disable all agents globally (Server Console UI->Tools->Options->Options->Check "Disable all agents").
   Note: This required to stop backup to NUDF when you restore the File server to old state.
2. Now setup a new Administration server using the database files of current Active server.
   To set up follow the below steps:
   a) copy the existing DLO databse files(DLO.mdf and DLO_log.ldf) in the path "C:\Program files\Symantec\Symantec DLO\Database" on new server machine.
   b) Now start installing the SDLO 7.0 using default path(C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec DLO\) for installation.
   Note: After installation completed make sure user is present in the Console UI on new server.
3. Once it is completed restore the File server to the old state where user data was present.
4. Now restore the data for the user on New server machine using console UI or Command Line(Emergency restore option).
5. After restoration completed now revert the File server to current NUDF state.
6. Now enable all agents (Server Console UI->Tools->Options->Options->Uncheck "Disable all agents").

If you need any clarifications on above steps let me know.

Thanks,
Santosh.