cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec DLO triaware not able to install

yeowkm28
Level 2

I downloaded the symantec DLO 7.5 trialware.

when I key-in the trial license key given, it says "The serial number you have provided is invalid."

the license key is given to me in an email.

what should I do ?

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Best thing to do here is approach the licensing department (or whomever you got the trial license from) and ask for another one.

Thanks!

Frank3480
Level 2

lol, me also.  If you look at the license you will see the email is from "Kathleen Killgore" who I don't think even exists (I sent email to her but no reply).

You will also see the text "Install by Date: 06/30/2013".

Of course, I received this email on July 29th, so a month past 6/30 already.  That is why our licenses are no good.

I got ahold of Symantec and they sent a license, but it is only good for 30 days, and seems only one user.

So at this point I can't Eval the software as it only works on my  laptop.  

I made the mistake of installing it on my managers laptop, and their managers laptop, just to discover it doesn't work.

I am waiting on Symantec to send a working license.

I am ready to purchase but can't get approvel from my managers for "Non-Working" backup software which is what this is at this point.

Hopefully Symantec will get their act together and update their license for the EVAL software.

SRK_NA_Support
Level 3

Exact same thing just happened to me. Received a serial yesterday (11/21/2013) that had an install date of 10/31/2013.

Did you ever get a serial number? 

nik263
Level 3

I had the same problem, all i had to do was change the date of the server to the ""install by date"" and i was able to install the program...