cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Failures

Andrew_Tankersl
Level 6

I have been unable to replicate this problem, so I'm hoping someone here might know...

When doing an export of search results to a PST, I have seen messages that could be placed in the PST wind up in a folder called "messages" and placed there as *.msg files.

In that scenario, would there be a report or event generated of some kind as to why those items failed to export?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I wonder if the DA services were stopped or the server rebooted whilst the export was occurring.  I would think it would have picked back up however.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling

Do you mean the message were not place in the PST?  In your post you is says "could be placed" but you are asking about failures so I just want to be sure.

Paul_C_
Level 3

Hi Andrew

Dont know If you know how it works, its the reason we need MS Outlook on the DA server

When you export,  the messages are first  .msg and then we use  MAPI from outlook to convert to PST

If they are not getting to PST you can check a few things

1:  you must have a supported Outlook version on the DA server

2 :run Fixmapi - windows\system32 folder

2: do you have enough free space on the DA server  -temp folder needs 20 gig (reccomended)

3: Event log on the DA server report anything?

4:make sure all EV services are running on the EV Server

Rgds,

Paul

Andrew_Tankersl
Level 6

What had happened was I did an export of a search result. When it fiinished, I had a few PST's and a few hundred *.msg files along with it. The PST's were turned over to legal, however we later found an item in one of the *.msg files that was expected to be in the PST's but were not.

Now I can't recreate the issue to offer a good explaniation of what happened (the export was done last year).

The DA server has Outlook 2007 on it, but I suppose it could have been a MAPI issue. Space on the DA server is not an issue.

TonySterling

I wonder if the DA services were stopped or the server rebooted whilst the export was occurring.  I would think it would have picked back up however.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you tried repeating the export and does it repeat the issue?

If you have not tried it i suggest you do the export again and this time dtrace in verbose mode to see what turns up in the results

Is there any "failed" or "error" messages in the .txt file that created during the export?

Was this case exported as one export or seperate exports of data on the one case?

If seperate exports of different searches in the one case did you check the properties of the export to ensure that the option to roll them into PST was ticked