cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1m items waiting to be indexed

Rem_y
Level 4

Morning all, can anyone suggest a direction I can take re troubleshooting Journal and mail indexing?

I have a 41021 in my VAC - Archived items waiting to be indexed for both Journal and Mail archives

There's no build up in either Outlook or the MSMQ's - I've checked the Indexes are not in backup mode (I put them in and out anyway - no change)

Version is 9.0.1.1073

It's not an area I've had much to do with so far, so I'm reading all the Symantec technotes I can find online re troubleshooting etc - I'm just not very adept at applying what I'm reading, and wondered if anyone had any suggestions to help narrow the scope of my research

Best regards

21 REPLIES 21

Ben_Watts
Level 6
Employee Accredited

It would have made more sense to do that if it was only the last index volume that was 'playing up' but it was all of them, mainly the first index volume of the entire set.

We had hundreds of each of the 8 valid volumes, it appeared a new one was being created each time the 'check' started so we were having issues with each volume not being written to.

The problem with the above suggestion is even if it did remove all the later index volumes we would still have had to Verify/Update the very first volume anyway but I do see where you are coming from.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Well the idea being that if you had say 10 index volumes and #6 is totally messed up but index check shows 1-5 is ok, you just rebuild #6 and it will delete 6-10 and start from there But I guess there's not much you can do if index check is failing the first volume I suppose
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146