cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AD Domain migration - having issues getting Vault to see the new domain

James_Slack
Level 6
Hi,

We are Questing to a new domain and having some issues with EV 7.5.

Is there a document for doing an AD domain migration or some bullet points I can look at?

I found an install guide help file that points towards some steps for general setup, but when we create a mailbox on the new domain for vault to use to access that server (with send and receive as permissions) and try and link that, it can't find it. It kinda looks like Vault can't see anything on the new domain at all. The server can see the new domain and if I log on as said new user, it works fine in outlook. It's just trying to add the profile under the vault admin user it doesn't work.

I'm sure I've probably missed something obvious, hence wanting the pointers to a rough guide somewhere.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

James
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

James_Slack
Level 6

OK, this was not a vault issue per se, more a MS one as found by Symantec Support.

I had to regedit,

HKCU \ Software \ Microsoft \ Exchange \ Exchange Provider

Within this I had two options which I needed to delete.

1) Use closest GC

2) Something about a DS server - which was pointing to the old domain.

I deleted both of these and restarted the Vault server and then I was all ok.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hiya James,

Have you run Deployment Scanner yet? if so please post the log.

You could also provide some trace, that would help to.

--wayne

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
one thing too I just dealt with.  We had to add a DNS server from the other domain a secondary dns server for the EV Server...

James_Slack
Level 6
Wayne. Yeah, we ran that, but it's only against the old domain right? What should I do first and where should I run it from to get something useful from it? Cheers.

Tony, DNS, good idea, thanks!

James_Slack
Level 6
This is what I dont get...

When I try and start the archiving task for the new exchange server it fails with this in the event viewer:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Task 'Exchange Mailbox Archiving Task for LHR-MAIL01' failed to log on to Exchange server 'LHR-MAIL01' using mailbox 'ev-mail01'. Please ensure that the server is running and that the Vault account has sufficient permissions on the server.

BUT, when I run deployment scanner I get this.

Exchange Server Permissions
Back To Top Passed
The user MA\vault has the required Exchange Administrator permissions (including 'send as' and 'receive as' permissions) on all exchange servers.

The user MA\vault has the required Exchange Administrator permissions including 'send as' and 'receive as' on server: lhr-mail01.emea.menzies.net.
The user MA\vault has the required Exchange Administrator permissions including 'send as' and 'receive as' on server: lhr-mail02.emea.menzies.net.
The user MA\vault has the required Exchange Administrator permissions including 'send as' and 'receive as' on server: lhr-mail03.emea.menzies.net.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Just for a test can you put the Exchange server in the EV servers host file?

I was seeing a similiar message when I had my issue.

James_Slack
Level 6

Added both the physical mail server and the virtual exchange server and no joy.

What is weird is I can't add the new profile under MAIL in control pannel, even though I can if I log on to the EV server as a different user and I can do it as that user but on any other machine (for instance, logon to my laptop as the Vault user, connect to the new mail account I set up to use on that server - works ok).

Really strange?!?

James_Slack
Level 6
Happy to try things if anyone has any ideas though, I will post things I try and results too!

Cheers

James_Slack
Level 6

OK, this was not a vault issue per se, more a MS one as found by Symantec Support.

I had to regedit,

HKCU \ Software \ Microsoft \ Exchange \ Exchange Provider

Within this I had two options which I needed to delete.

1) Use closest GC

2) Something about a DS server - which was pointing to the old domain.

I deleted both of these and restarted the Vault server and then I was all ok.