cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-in Error for outlook 2007

Atef_El_Ghazaly
Level 2
I�m facing a popup error every time I open outlook 2007, (The Add-in �Enterprise Vault� (E:\Program Files\KVS\EVClient\Valkyrie.dll) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by outlook, please contact the add-in manufacturer for an update, if no update is available, please uninstall the add-in.) , it�s working normally with outlook 2003, but I�m planning to update all client to outlook 2007, so is there any update for vault client with outlook 2007, or any idea or workaround for this issue ?

Thanks
Atef El Ghazaly
16 REPLIES 16

Suresh_Vangara
Level 4
hi Ghazaly

EV does not support Office 2007 yet. I think you should wait untill support for Outlook 2007 is offocially anounced by Symantec.

SK

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Yes, Suresh is correct. Certification for Outlook 2007 is ongoing and there have been some changes made to support Outlook 2007 so I would very strongly suggest you do not rollout with your existing client.

Atef_El_Ghazaly
Level 2
Hi Suresh & Dodo,

Thanks for your quick reply, & I�ll wait for outlook 2007 client update and i hope it will release within this quarter, as I�ll migrate to office 2007 by the end of this quarter,

Thanks again for you all

Atef El Ghazaly

Suresh_Vangara
Level 4
btw DoDo

when is outlook 2007 likely to be supported ?

SK

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Not sure of dates.
Do you happen to have Exchange System Manager on this system as well?

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
I thought the ev7 client was able to be installed on office '07 without issue...at least, I've never run in to an issue.

micah

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
don't you find that the colour behind the ev toolbar buttons are pink?

Craig_Perkins
Not applicable
I have found a little work around for the Add-in error with EV7 full client and outlook 2007.

I need to use archive explorer and set it to open the messages in outlook. What I do is 1st thing I boot up I open archive explorer and open a message there first which opens in outlook 2007. Keep the message open and then open Outlook. I have the toolbar and the client functions properly. I can then close the 1st message I opened from the archive explorer. This has worked every time for me until an update is released.

Thought I would share with others.

Barbara_Gargone
Level 4
Please clarify...

Doesn't Enterprise Vault 6.0 SP4 support Office/Outlook 2007?

Under the "New Features and Fixes" section of EV Document ID 287442 it reads:

"Support for Outlook 2007 on users' workstations' AND
"Enterprise Vault now supports Microsoft Outlook 2007 on user's workstations".

It does list some issues with using the 2007 version, but isn't it still supported by Symantec even though it's in Pending Certification.

Thanks

Barb

Alan_M
Level 6
6.0 SP4 and 7.0 SP1 officially support Outlook 2007.

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
yes, it's supported in sp4.

Barbara_Gargone
Level 4
Thank you both for clarifying. I thought it was, but after reading the post I had to double-check the documentation.

FYI - we are also intermittently getting the Valkyrie.dll Add-in error with EV 6.0 Sp4 and Office/Outlook 2007. I'm confirming if ESM is also installed on the workstation.

We also get this error if someone upgraded to Office 2007 and then un-installed because of issues, and then reinstalled Office 2003. Even after the 2003 and EV client re-install, the error still exists.

Any tips for fixing this with Outlook 2003? We already tried uninstalling and re-installing EV client.

Thanks,

Barb

Chad_Rohrer
Level 3
I'm having the same problem. After upgrading to Office 2007, then updating the client extensions to v6.0 SP4, I get the following error.

"The Add-in "Enterprise Vault" (C:\Program Files\KVS\EVClient\valkyrie.dll) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in manufacture for an update. If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in."

I've uninstalled the add-in, reinstalled, same issue. I've installed the v6.0 SP3 add-in followed by v6.0 SP4 and received the same error. I upgraded Office 2003 on another system to 2007, installed the SP4 add-in and it works fine. On the system that fails to load the add-in I've manually copied the files from the working system over to the system that fails to load the dll, manually registered the dll, and manually added it as an add-in. I was able to add the COM Add-in, but when adding the Outlook Client Extension, same DLL, I get the same error as above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chad

**Problem Resolved**

I figured out what the problem was. If you have the Microsoft ESM (Exchange System Management) installed it causes the problem. After uninstalling ESM I ran fixmapi from a command prompt, installed the Client Extensions, ran fixmapi again, and Outlook 2007 loaded fine with the client extensions. So to test things I loaded ESM back on my system, the error came back. To resolve this I closed out of Outlook, ran fixmapi a time or two again, loaded Outlook and tada, client extensions with no error.Message was edited by:
Chad Rohrer

Barbara_Gargone
Level 4
Yes, Symantec does mention in the SP4 documentation that there is an issue with ESM and EVclient installed on the same machine.

Question regarding your fix: After re-installing ESM and running fixmapi a few times, did you try opening and using ESM? Did it function correctly. Also, after using ESM and closing, did you re-open Outlook successfully or did the error re-occur.

Thanks,

Barb

Chad_Rohrer
Level 3
Everything seems to be working fine on the systems that had the issue. I've since restarted a few times, opened and closed Outlook and my MMC, no issues so far.

Chad

Barbara_Gargone
Level 4
Thank you.

I'm having a few IT people perform the steps, but without uninstalling ESM first. I want to see if the fixmapi resolves the issue. If not, then we'll try the un-install and re-install per your instructions.

Sounds like the same issue (or no no) with Outlook and ESM running on an Exchange server.

thanks for the update.