cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Installing and Configuring Enterprise Vault (EV) Reports for version 8.0, cannot access Site Settings - Security (rsaccessdenied)

Janet_Paluch_2
Level 3
Partner
I tried what was in the http://support.veritas.com/docs/317967  and it  just made the reporting server stop working. I am running on Windows 2008 R2. Is there another suggestion to get passed this issue?
6 REPLIES 6

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hmm, what version of SQL reporting

TonySterling

Just thinking this some more, are you sure you followed the steps correctly?  Maybe you reversed the changes?

This workaround sets the security configuration back to pre-Enterprise Vault 8.0 functionality.
A. Open the rsreportserver.config for the current SSRS instance.
B. Locate and change the following values for the Authorization and Authentication Security Extensions:

<Extension Name="Windows" Type="Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Reports.SecurityExtension.Authorization,EVSecurityExtension" />

Back to:

<Extension Name="Windows" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Authorization.WindowsAuthorization, Microsoft.ReportingServices.Authorization" />

<Extension Name="Windows" Type="Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Reports.SecurityExtension.Authentication,EVSecurityExtension" />

Back to:

<Extension Name="Windows" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Authentication.WindowsAuthentication, Microsoft.ReportingServices.Authorization" />

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
i don't understand why the technote includes redundant references, both lines to replace are the same, and what you replace them with to get back to the original is the same too, but thats my two cents :)

i've used this TN a number of times, but really it depends on the version of SSRS, whether IIS was restarted after , and more importantly is it the site settings you are getting the rsAccessDenied from or is it from another piece in the reports thats generating the error?
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

TonySterling

It does look a bit funny that way doesn't it!  :) 

They should include the sections like this:

<Security>
  <Extension Name="Windows" Type="Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Reports.SecurityExtension.Authorization,EVSecurityExtension" />

Back to:

<Security>
  <Extension Name="Windows" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Authorization.WindowsAuthorization, Microsoft.ReportingServices.Authorization" />

<Authentication>
  <Extension Name="Windows" Type="Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Reports.SecurityExtension.Authentication,EVSecurityExtension" />

Back to:

<Authentication>
  <Extension Name="Windows" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Authentication.WindowsAuthentication, Microsoft.ReportingServices.Authorization" />

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I was thinking more along the lines of

Find each instance of the following line:

Replace each with:

:p

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Janet_Paluch_2
Level 3
Partner
I am on SQL 2008 and yes I followed the technote correctly.