cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After importing a pst, I am not seeing the shortcuts in the mailbox

Nick_Seddon
Not applicable
Background:
We have recently incorporated a new business into our email system. The users had existing email in an external exchange server, their admin has provided me with a pst from each user of all their email from their old system for me to import into their new mailboxes hosted by us. I have run a pst import for a couple of users and when using archive explorer I can see the mail. What I am not seeing are any shortcuts in their inbox. I selected the create shortcuts option while doing the import and the import has succeded. Our archive policy archives email over 4 months, and these pst imports have mail from this week. Plese see the PST migration report (personal info replaced with ****):  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
note:
Exchange 2003 sp2
Oultlook 2003
EV 8.0.3
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of the PSTs contained items that were not eligible for archive.
These items have not been archived and remain in the PSTs.
See the Help for information on how to migrate these items.
PSTs containing ineligible items:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PST: C:\Documents and Settings\*****\Desktop\psts\*****17082010.pst  -->  Archive: ******;   Mailbox: *******
PSTs partially processed:
---------------------------------------------------------------
PST: C:\Documents and Settings\******\Desktop\psts\*****17082010.pst  -->  Archive: *******; Mailbox: ******
 Items archived:   6939 (of 6972)
 Items failed archiving:  0
 Items not eligible for archiving because of PST Migration Policy setting:  33
 Items moved to mailbox:  2411 (of 2411)
 Shortcuts created:   6939
 Other items moved to mailbox:  0
 Items not eligible for moving:  0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Did you create the shortcut under a specific Root folder?

Do an advanced Oultook search for the message class IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault and see if it finds the shortcuts.

Also, has the EV add-in been installed?  I image you are probably using Download Forms Automatically but if the client is not installed it cannot download the forms so the shortcuts don't show the correct icon.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Did you create the shortcut under a specific Root folder?

Do an advanced Oultook search for the message class IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault and see if it finds the shortcuts.

Also, has the EV add-in been installed?  I image you are probably using Download Forms Automatically but if the client is not installed it cannot download the forms so the shortcuts don't show the correct icon.