cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afterupgrade to 8.0SP2 strange event error.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hello,

After upgrading to EV8.0SP2 (from EV7.5SP2) yesterday, I left the system running smooth (everything in report mode, just to be sure!

This morning I see lots of errors as below:
Event Type:    Error
Event Source:    Enterprise Vault
Event Category:    Storage File Watch
Event ID:    7023
Date:        13-9-2009
Time:        9:10:10
User:        N/A
Computer:    SAD4407
Description:
Partition rollover could not determine which partitions are served by Storage Service 1038080772B1D8141B31992FD7A9DC89A1e10000DMS.
Access is denied.  [0x80070005]

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.symantec.com/rosetta/showevent.asp

I suspect (!!) this is because the Windows team is rolling out patches at this very moment. I verified security settings on the partitions, but those are fine.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks.

Gertjan
Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Turned out SQL cluster was updated with patches, and kept doing fail-overs. Once fixed, errors disappeared.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Maverik
Level 6
Hi Gertjan,

I have reviewed this internally and can  only find  a few instances of this error.  The only one that centeres around access is denied also had some indexing errors surrounding it.  Is this the same for you?

Can you capture this in a dtrace of storagefilewatch, whilst restarting the storage service, this I would hope prompts the error.

please post or upload the results.

GertjanA
Turned out SQL cluster was updated with patches, and kept doing fail-overs. Once fixed, errors disappeared.

Regards. Gertjan