cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An Interesting Question

PATRICK_Kitchen
Level 6
Mornin Guy's

EV6SP2 - 1900 mailboxes 2 Exchange 2003 backend servers not clustered.

We archive all read email after 30days but mail only no calendar items no files and no Sharepoint data.

My boss has asked me an interesting question-

What happens if a user has a scheduled meeting in his/her calendar and then drags attaches a number of emails/attachments into that meeting in order to have all required information in one place. Will these attachments stay in the mailbox as archiving is not taking place on calendar items.

If this is the case is there any way of telling what space these meeting take up in the mailbox also is there a way of stopping the users from adding the attachments to the meetings. 
1 REPLY 1

The_Genie
Level 4
Its  a good question.  I have never tried it myself, but I think it will not arhive these items. 

How much space is used up? Well as it will not meet archiving criteria, I would set mailbox limits so users cannot go over the top with this if they tried.  At this point as EV is not in effect you would be forced to look at other ways of viewing the size of the mailbox. I cannot remember if you can see this through Systems Manager.... With regards to stopping users adding attachments I would look at some Office GPO's to see if they can do this or contact microsoft.