cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anonymous Billing account

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   
Hello,
As I work for an university we don't want to cancel any archived item when a user is leaving us. It could turn out to be really important research results....
I would like to know if anybody knows a way to transfer in CAB file ( then to band) all the archives having an anonymous account as billing account.
Those archives are not accessible by anybody except by our KVS administrator so nobody would miss them and it would save a lot of place on the vault stores ( ~500Gb).
Thanks for any hint on how I could do this.
Minkamau
3 REPLIES 3

Matthew_Edwards
Level 4
After archiving all the mail to the user's personal vault, disable the mailbox from archiving, remove the Exchange mailbox and assign permissions on the vault manually to the KVS (EV) administrator. If you want to export it, you can use the built in PST export feature and write them to tape / CD etc.

Make this part of your university's leaving policy document.

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
This is not something that is currently possible within the product. It can be achieved using manual methods of exporting / deleting - re-importing etc.

I suggest that you take it up with your account manager and submit a requirment.

Cheers

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   
Thanks a lot for your time.
I know that I can't do it the way I wanted