cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive EML/MSG Files into EV

SGF
Level 3

We have a custom application that dumps eml/msg files to an ntfs folder and we have to archive these messages (as emails) into the EV archives.

Which is the easiest way to get this done?

We are inclined to put these messages into journal mailbox using custom code with EWS etc, but we are concerned about the additional load on journal servers and attachment sizes.

Option 2 will be to use SMTP/FSA archiving. Can I use SMTP/FSA archiving feature to archive these emails into a single journal archive? All I need is these messages has to be archived as journal messages so that the custom filters/indexing can be applied to these messages as they are archived. Also we should be able to search for messages using to:, From:, Sub and contents field just like any regular archived messages.

If there is option 3, 4 or 5, please help me with ideas.

We are not considering any third party tools because the primary reason for this change is to remove the existing third party tool currently used for archiving these messages. Removing one tool and introducing another tools does not make any sense.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Darren_Locke
Level 6
Employee

If you want custom filters to be applied, then ingesting them with SMTP/FSA will not work. There are no filters for items coming in that way. There is a filter point coming in v10, but you would need a new (complied) filter to work with that. Yes, you would be able to search on from: to: etc. if you ingested this way.

Darren

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Darren_Locke
Level 6
Employee

If you want custom filters to be applied, then ingesting them with SMTP/FSA will not work. There are no filters for items coming in that way. There is a filter point coming in v10, but you would need a new (complied) filter to work with that. Yes, you would be able to search on from: to: etc. if you ingested this way.

Darren