cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Explorer + EV2007 SP5 + Settings button

DrDave
Level 4
Hi,

I am trying to switch ON the "Settings" button in Archive Explorer, but to no avail.

I read this: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/292820.htm
Which says that WebApp.ini shouldn't be used anymore, but doesn't give an alternative of where to change the setting!

Hopefully this is something simple, just need to know where the configuration is!

Cheers
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
I know that some of them still work. (but who knows how long...) Just delete it from webapp.ini and restart IIS as well as delete the cache on the client.

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MichelZ
Level 6
Hi there Read it carefully, it doesn't say you should not use webapp.ini, it says those ArchiveExplorer Settings are not supported anymore: Archive Explorer settings These settings alter the Archive Explorer search page. ***Warning*** These Archive Explorer settings are not supported in EV versions 7.x, 2007.x and 8.0. There is no replacement of those settings, so there is no way to change those settings... sorry. /Michel

DrDave
Level 4
Does that mean that the "Settings" button is now not availble for use?

MichelZ
Level 6
The settings button should always be available, I think. If you click on a folder in AE, on the upper left, it should display "Settings"...?

DrDave
Level 4
We just have the Search button available. I was trying to get the Settings one showing for some testing.

Our WebApp.ini has it switched off but I assumed (Perhaps incorrectly) that these settings now had zero effect on the system.

MichelZ
Level 6
I know that some of them still work. (but who knows how long...) Just delete it from webapp.ini and restart IIS as well as delete the cache on the client.

DrDave
Level 4
Thanks Michel, the settings seems to still have an effect so for now at least they are working!