Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive access/properties - Strange problem

EDU
Level 4

EV 2007 SP3

Windows Server 2003 Std. SP1

A few users have reported being unable to access their EV archives through Outlook. In viewing the archive properties, I found that an administrative account has read permissions. (I haven't been able to determine who or why added this account.) If I add my own account to the archive permissions, I'm able to browse and restore items, but the archive owners are not.

When at least one of the users attempted to access his archive, a 7291 error (index update abandoned) was recorded in the EV event log.

When I try to view the properties of his archive, the window was initially very slow to draw and more or less froze up until I forced quit from EV console. Task Manager didn't show anything particularly noteworthy during this. Other archives' properties could be displayed with no problems.

Also - When trying to view vault store usage (Right-click Vault Stores and select Vault Store Usage), the stats for the affected server all display as "N/A", and the following error displays:

(-2147217871, [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired)

Regards,

Ethan

1 REPLY 1

SHI-CRO
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
I've seen similar issues when auditing is enabled and there is something wrong with the either the auditing DB or the ODBC connection on the EV server.  If you are doing auditing check your ODBC connection entry (there is a test connection button if you go through the setup) or check the auditing DB and make sure the VSA has dbo rights.