cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive

John_Evers
Level 5
Hello,

One of our users wants to have a new archive, he wants detach his archive and create a new one. Is this possible? In the future he don't needs his old archive. 
5 REPLIES 5

MirrorSphere
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Are you sure you want to do this?  Does he actually have items within his archive?  By deleting an archive will mean that if there are items within there they will get deleted from the archive completely.

Or, are you talking about Offline Vault?

John_Evers
Level 5
The archive should not be deleted because some other users want to keep this email. It is shared email but the archive from that particular person. So this person wants to have a new archive  from his mailbox and everything archived in the past he don't use it anymore. 

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

John,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to have multiple archives, and I'm not aware of a solution for this...

Sorry!

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

John_Evers
Level 5
Thanks Michel, I was afraid to get this answer.

macro
Level 3

I'm sure this isn't supported and you would need to do this at your own risk, but this might work:

-Disable the mailbox.

-Zap the mailbox.

-In SQL, Open the ExchangeMailboxEntry table from the EnterpriseVaultDirectory DB.  Find the row for that user and clear the DefaultVaultID cell.

-In the Vault console, rename the old archive to something else.

-Re-enable the mailbox, it should show as a new user.

-You should be able to create a new archive for that user.

Not sure how easy it would be to recover if this doesn't work, it may be as simple as backing up the EVDirectory DB before you try it and restoring it if it doesn't work right.

Message Edited by macro on 07-08-2008 04:21 PM