cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived emails are not visable

bukle
Level 4
Recently, we upgraded Enterprise Vault to 8.0.3 in the server and for the users Vault Outlook add-in 8.0.3. Some users have a problem during archiving. Archived emails are not visable. I tried disable and enable and provisioning. It didn't help. Rebuilt index doesn't help eighter. 

I index emails and click on right muis button and kies renew. Than I can see the emails. Does anyone know how I can solve this problem? I want to see emails as soon as they are archived.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
You mean they aren't visible in outlook as soon as they are archived?

Right-Click, and "Renew" sounds like you're in Archive Explorer?
Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
You mean they aren't visible in outlook as soon as they are archived?

Right-Click, and "Renew" sounds like you're in Archive Explorer?

bukle
Level 4
No, archived emails are invisible in archiev. When I right click and renew in archive exloprer, I can see them. But normally, they sould be visible as soon as I archive them. 

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
I can't find whether or not we have a technote to describe the behaviour, but what you're seeing is the normal behaviour.

bukle
Level 4
No, it is not. When you archive emails, they are stored in archive immediately. since upgrade we have to renew manually to make archived emails visible which is not a normal behaviour.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Sorry to disagree, but as Rob said it is normal.  After you manually archive items they get indexed.  Archive Explorer reads the index to display the contents of the archive.  Archive Explorer only refreshes automatically every 24 hours by default, that is why you need to do the manual refresh.

The technote below has the following excerpt:

Traditionally the workaround would be to right click in Archive Explorer and select "Refresh" to have the contents reflect what the user has access to.
By default, Archive Explorer is cached for 24 hours, and would either need a physical refresh or to have the Internet Cache deleted on the end users machine.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/317614.htm

bukle
Level 4
Thank you all. I'll take your wordsindecision By the way I have one more question:

I deleted archive account. Next day Enterprise Vault created another one. Now I have an empty archive map which I wanted. I try to archive the mails. It goes wel, but archived emails remain in mailbox too. So now I have the same emails in the mailbox and the archive. How can I solve this problem?